Monday, July 19, 2010

Sleeeeeeep.... not

I'm having dreadful trouble sleeping.  I'll manage it for a few hours, and then wake up and be too worried about things to fall back to sleep.  I don't have the attention span to watch dvds, and the computer makes my bedroom too hot fairly quickly, so I can't spend hours online to forget my troubles.  I'm too fatigued to get anything accomplished, which of course just makes me more stressed and afraid, so it's a vicious circle.  I'm keeping the cat boxes cleaned, and my dishes washed, and that's about it.  Car insurance and my electric bill are due today, but I honestly have no money.  I have a handful of quarters I found on my bedroom floor last time I cleaned, and that's it.  So all I can offer today are a few bits of advice I'm struggling with myself, remember to breathe, and trust God.  Also, an old proverb:  Let your words be soft and sweet.  You may have to eat them later.

Today's book suggestion:  Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters.  If you like mysteries, adventure, romance, Victoriana, and Egyptology, you'll love Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody books.  Each can stand alone, but they do build on one another.  A perfect novel for light summer reading at the pool or in a shady tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment