Saturday, July 31, 2010

Blech

I'm sick today.  It's a chronic intestinal thing that is the main reason I'm applying for disability.  I can't work when I never know when I'll be stuck at home, and one really can't work from the restroom in most offices.  My Aunt Suzi sent me some money, so I was able to cover another couple of bills and put gas in my car. 

Yesterday, Haley and I spent three hours mucking out the little closet under the stairs in the living room.  Yes, it was THAT packed to the gills.  I gave away a bunch of stuff to her, and even more was left on the curb.  We were both sweaty and bedraggled when we were done, and I treated us both to McDonald's.  Which isn't the source of my current illness, but it probably didn't help. 

I also discovered that Malachi, in a fit of temper over what, I do not know, did something unspeakable on my basket of clean laundry.  So as soon as I can get more than a few steps from a bathroom, I'm going to have to drag my weary self to the laundromat on this humid, sticky, cloudy day, and wash things up before the smell settles into my only summer clothing.  Blech indeed.

I was intending this to be a post on zucchini, as I ended up digging up my zucchini recipes for someone with whom I was discussing them on Threshold.  But the thought of food right now is so revolting, I'll save it for my next post. 

I have no suggestions for today, other than to eat lots of yogurt, and pray your intestines continue to behave themselves.  Though you could always send me a get-well gift from my Amazon wish list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment