Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mmmmmmm

I had physical therapy today, and on Thursday I get evaluated again, so that my doctor has the information for my appointment next Tuesday.  I'm fairly sure that they're not going to stop my therapy, which is a good thing.  I'm going to try and pack a few more things today, though unless I can scrounge up storage space rent, I'm not sure where I'll put the stuff.  Keep your fingers cross that God provides. 

I'm taking advantage of the fact that it isn't beastly hot today, but instead relatively cool due to the rain and cooking.  I roasted a red bell pepper, and I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do with it.  However, I picked up a tiny bit of really good hamburger, and I'm browning it with onions, garlic, and the roasted pepper chopped for tacos!  I know you can rinse the fat from the cheap stuff to make it low-fat, but since I can only stand for so long, it's easier to buy smaller amounts of the ground sirloin for the same price when it's on sale and add more onions.  That way I don't have to drain it at all.  I also have some salsa, whole-wheat tortillas, and romaine lettuce, and some sharp cheddar. 

If I could have afforded it, I'd have purchased more and frozen some of it.  Having browned hamburger in the freezer is like having money in the bank.  It's so convenient, and it's great knowing you have the basics of a meal just sitting there.  I always brown mine with at least onions and garlic, if not more.

Cooking gadget of the day:  Everyday pan from Cuisinart.   It's good for baking, browning, stir-frying, and a lot of other things.  It's non-stick, and will work on the stovetop or oven.  It also comes with a nice glass lid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment