Thursday, July 28, 2011

Whence?

I haven't touched this blog for almost a year now. Not due to lack of interest so much as inability to be interested in much of anything. I was in the process of moving, which kept me occupied for
six weeks after my last post, then on the day of the move my now former neighbours did what they had been threatening to do since they had moved in: they killed my cat Ysaeran. Then they took his body, threw it into the dumpster my landlord had placed in the yard, and covered him with bags and garbage, I'm assuming in the hopes that I wouldn't find him and would just leave.

I did get moved, but I haven't been able to write much of anything since. I'm hoping to change that, and one of the little steps I'm making is taking up the blog again. In the past year I've moved to a wonderful room with kitchen and bath privileges, been helping my landlady foster some cats, was awarded disability, so I can pay for my snug room, started a garden, and then fractured my fibula and damaged my MCL. We also lost one of our foster cats, Troy, to FeLV. Despite it being quite contagious, so far no one else has developed it, and I'm praying that they don't.


Hopefully soon I'll get back into the water and get my knee into better shape, and with that will be devouring fresh garden produce, and hopefully preserving some of it. If anyone has any actual questions, or ideas for posts, feel free to comment on them.

What I just finished reading:

Ghost Story by Jim Butcher. Yes, I pre-ordered it from Amazon, but not for the kindle, since the hardcover was in fact cheaper. I read it all in about 4 hours, but I want to read it over again before I review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment